Sunday, February 26, 2012

There is always something new coming up

I am quite confused about something.  I have had a rescue button on my wrist for almost 7 years now.  I have shown the picture before.  It looks like this...
This button is there in case I have an emergency.  I have used it on sometimes.  It gives my family and I some peace of mind that someone can come quickly if I am sick or in trouble.  I recently got permission from the state for the people who manage my care to pay for this device.  Except they have not paid it yet.  I have called my case manager and heard nothing from him.  I know his mom was ill.  I hope nothing has happened.  By the same token what am I supposed to do here?  Do I pay it myself?  It is over 100 dollars and will take a big chunk of my money.  I may have no choice.  I don't need something else going to collections and I have been feeling as though things were getting better for me slowly but surely.  This would really put a damper on things.  I think the best thing for me to do here is to call DDA and find out if the lack of payment is due to this medicaid issue.  I have been trying to get reinstated on the medicaid waiver for some time now.  As of Friday, I have not been reinstated yet.  That may mean that the plan  that I make with Epilepsy every year is not valid.  If that is the case, he may not have to pay this bill yet.  Though I wish I had gotten some notice. 

These are the complicated parts of this disability system I hate so much but have to deal with.  The really scary part is that eventually I may lose my care provider.  If my care is paid for by this waiver and I don't have the waiver it could really cause problems.  Not to mention the fact that my care provider may be out of a job that she and I really need.  It's time for me to sit on the phone and find out my rights and tell someone off if need be.  If the changes in someones life are going to be this monumental,  Notice of those changes should be required.  I am so sick of this crap.  Wish me luck.  Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment